The Beauty In Words


There's not a thing you wouldn't do for me
From you, I have heard it all said before
Would you jump off the Empire State Building
Just to prove I am the one you adore

If you say yes, I shall worry a bit
Look before you leap is all I would say
Hopefully you could retract that statement
For, if not, you'd be filled with such dismay

Always be careful of what you may say
For most people will take you for your word
Especially if they do not know you
Some things you blurt out just sound so absurd

You must respect so the beauty in words
They enhance whatever you want to say
Yet they may trap you in some falsehoods too
Liar! Liar! Pants on fire! Tell the truth always!

Expressions fall from your lips like water
Sometimes they are said of mere lust or greed
It makes me believe you've no brain at all
Of your ignorance, you plant the seed

Even when you say the words 'I love you'
If they're to be taken seriously
They have to be said with truest feelings
For if not, they shall mean nothing to me

Comments